We believe we are helping to strengthen the future through the schooling of our children at home. God placed the authority and responsibility for the training and educating of children in the hands of the parents. The home is the basic center of learning; all other arenas should be but an extension of the home and parent. True knowledge (wisdom) comes from God through His word. With educating our children at home, we are making sure they are receiving the firm foundation on which to stand in the future. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Proverbs 22:6, Psalm 111:10, Psalm 1:1-2, Luke 6:40, Colossians 2:8, 2 Timothy 2:14-26)
The following is a brief summary of some foundational Christian beliefs that we hold as essential elements of the Christian Faith. Though certainly not an exhaustive list, we have chosen 5 key areas that we believe reflect our commitment to maintaining a Christian school. Why do we ask our members to affirm such a “doctrinal statement?”
Firstly, the mutual support and encouragement that we offer to one another is based in the concept of “Christian School.” Such relationship can only occur between those who profess a faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Secondly, many people who inquire about our school are curious about what we mean when we say we are a “Christian School.” Having a statement of Christian beliefs helps them to determine if they fall within F.C.A. guidelines, as well as to discern with what types of families they will share their homeschooling experience.
Thirdly, though all of our members are Christian, we recognize that we come from various traditions, backgrounds and expressions of the historic Christian faith. Many of our churches may have doctrinal statements or standards that differ in certain aspects. We believe that one of our strengths as a school is to enable believers from these various traditions to cultivate Christian love and unity through homeschooling with others. Thus, a common statement of belief helps us “bridge the gap” with other Christians.
1. BIBLE: We believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God, the final authority of faith and life, without error in its original writing both in doctrine and historical details, and that all true knowledge is consistent with its revelation. (II Timothy 3:16-17)
2. GOD: We believe that there is one self-existent God, who has always been and will always be, who is manifest in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That knowing him truly is the foundation of all knowledge, wisdom and understanding. (John 1:1-4, John 14-17, Matthew 28:19, Colossians 1:16-19)
3. JESUS CHRIST: We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God manifest in the flesh, born of a virgin. He is the Savior of mankind through His death on the cross. He rose from the dead, ascended to God, and will return again as Judge of the living and the dead. (Hebrews 1, I Peter 2:24, Acts 5:30, Acts 1:10)
4. MAN & SIN: We believe that God created mankind in His image for relationship with Himself and to govern the earth. All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually (by choice) and are therefore in need of forgiveness and salvation. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:8-12, Romans 5:19, Romans 3:23)
5. SALVATION: We believe Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual's repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Savior, Lord and God. (Romans 5:12-21)
April 30: Zoom Science Fair @ 10:00 & 1:30
June 11: *Tentative* Beach Day, Pierpont Beach, Ventura 11-3
July 10: *Tentative* Beach day, Will Rogers State Beach 11-3
July 23: *Tentative* Book Report Party location TBD
August 8: Graduation
P. O. Box 4246
Sunland, CA 91041
Admissions & Phone:
Or use our online form.
Fairhaven Christian Academy is a religious educational institution. It is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization. The school admits students of any race, color, national and ethical origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administrated programs.